Welcome to Brighton College!
We hope our website will answer many questions that you may have
regarding the school and our accredited distance education programs.
If at any time you would like to speak to the Student Services Department, please call us at 800.354.1254. You can also email us at email@example.com. Let us
help you prepare for a successful career!
Brighton College was founded in 1961 as Modern Schools, Inc, to provide the most up-to-date distance education programs in the hospitality field. The school's name was later changed to Hospitality Training Center and then shortened to HTC in 1989 to better reflect the scope and philosophy of the training programs. In 2001, HTC merged with Ohio Professional Education Center to form HTC Distance Education. In 2004, HTC Distance Education was purchased by Brighton College, offering certificate, diploma and degree programs through our online college classes.
Institutional Mission Statement
The mission of Brighton College is to provide quality distance adult education in an online, supportive learning environment that promotes self-development, self-discipline, meaningful employment, and life long learning.
The Goals of Brighton College are:
- to provide quality distance education to students seeking preparation for a career in their chosen field as a paralegal, a legal nurse consultant, criminal justice professions, an allied health professional or in an entry level position in a business environment;
- to provide instruction from practicing professionals, specializing in their respective area and sharing their expertise and experience ensuring that what students are learning is relevant and current in today’s world;
- to assist graduates in realizing their goals throughout their careers by promoting professional development and lifelong learning.
The mission and goals of Brighton College are accomplished by successfully achieving the following objectives:
- to provide a positive, supportive distance learning environment through excellent student services that builds students' motivation for learning new skills and accomplishing educational goals;
- to prepare competently skilled graduates for an entry level position in their chosen field through a curriculum that incorporates practical application of the skills they are learning;
- to deliver a curriculum that prepares students to sit for a certification exam when appropriate to the program of study;
- to continually review and update or add new courses of study when necessary, offering the most current information and meeting industry standards;
- to assess its mission and achievement of institutional effectiveness through student academic progress, student satisfaction, and graduate outcomes.
Brighton College is nationally recognized as a leader in accredited distance learning programs. Brighton College is open to all individuals who demonstrate maturity and determination to enroll in a training program without regard to their age, gender, color, race, creed, religion, disability, or veteran status.
More Information About Brighton College
To find out more information about Brighton College and our distance education programs, click on the links below: