Is online distance learning right for you? Do you want the convenience of being able to take online college courses whenever and wherever you want? Brighton College is an online distance learning institution that's here to help you build a successful career. The Brighton College admissions office has listed the admissions requirements and other other important enrollment information below, check it out. Candidates seeking admission to Brighton College can:
Candidates for admission should have:
- Complete an enrollment application on our Enrollment Page
- The enrollment fee.
- Documentation of a high school diploma or GED, or the foreign equivalent
- Students who have attended an accredited university or college recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may submit an official school transcript in
lieu of a high school diploma. The transcript must be mailed directly to Brighton College from
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
- The ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- The ability to use a personal computer and the Internet
- The ability to receive and send email
- Transcription Students: A minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is strongly
Brighton College has several options to help you with your tuition. Please call the office so we can assist you with a plan that's right for you.
- Pentium 4 1 GHz (minimum) or higher processor
- Microsoft Windows XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack, Mac OS X (Unless otherwise noted in program specific requirements
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection required)
- Sound card and speakers
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x or, Firefox 3.x, Chrome, or Safari 4.x or greater
HPI SUM System Requirements for all Medical Transcription programs:
- 100+MB of hard drive space, 64+MB RAM
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- CD-ROM Drive: 4X or higher
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 with 16-bit high color
- Sound: SoundBlaster-compatible, 16-bit or higher, sound card. Speakers with headset jack recommended but optional since headset can be plugged directly into the sound card in most cases.
- Standard, single-prong transcription headset; stereo headphones okay. Or, a USB transcription headset.
Medisoft System Requirements for all Medical Coding and Billing programs:
- Processor—Intel Pentium 4 1GHz+
- 500 MB available hard disk space (1GB recommended)
- 1 GB RAM minimum (2 GB recommended)
- 32-Bit color display (minimum screen display of 1024 x 768)
- Windows XP Professional SP3 or higher 32-Bit, Vista Business SP1 or higher 32-Bit, Windows 7 Pro 32-Bit
- File Extracting Program (WinZip or similar product)
Note : Your operating system must meet the minimum system requirements. Medisoft is not designed to run on Home versions of operating systems. If you are not using a Pro version of a Windows Operating system, you may run into difficulty. You may contact us for assistance to determine compatibility.
You may enroll and begin a program at any time. There are no specific starting or ending dates.
Enrollment applications are accepted throughout the year. An enrollment agreement is subject
to final approval and acceptance by a Brighton College school official.
If, for any reason, you are not accepted into Brighton College, all monies remitted with the
Enrollment Application will be promptly returned.
Credit for Previous Training:
It is highly recommended a student complete all courses within the program of study. However,
Brighton College will evaluate a student's previous coursework from an accredited college or
university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and grant appropriate credit when
applicable. Determination of credit will be made upon receipt of and evaluation of an official
transcript and course description. The total number of credits cannot exceed 50% of the credits
in the student's program. Please contact the Student Services Department for a "Transfer of
Transfer of Credit Hours:
Brighton College neither guarantees nor implies that other institutions will accept credit hours
earned at the College. A student who anticipates transferring to another institution should first
contact the other institution to determine whether or not their credit hours will transfer. Policies
governing the transferability of credit vary greatly from school to school.
Visit our Refund Policy page to view our policies and procedures for requesting a refund.