Brighton College offers accredited online programs with a focus on quality and affordability. From the time you first inquire to your graduation day, we are committed to providing you with the best educational experience and ensuring your ultimate success.
You can contact our main office anytime. We are here to help. Please call at 800-354-1254. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us help you prepare for a successful career!
Brighton College was founded in 1961 as Modern Schools, Inc, to provide the most up-to-date distance education programs in the hospitality field. The school’s name was later changed to Hospitality Training Center and then shortened to HTC in 1989 to better reflect the scope and philosophy of the training programs. In 2001, HTC merged with Ohio Professional Education Center to form HTC Distance Education. In 2004, HTC Distance Education was purchased by Brighton College, offering certificate, diploma, and degree programs through our online college classes.
Institutional Mission Statement
The mission of Brighton College is to offer relevant, affordable, unique, career-oriented educational programs to all qualified students in a flexible, personalized manner.
The Goals of Brighton College
To provide quality distance education to students from diverse backgrounds seeking preparation for a career in an employer driven field.
- To provide quality distance education to students from diverse backgrounds seeking preparation for a career in an employer driven field.
- To offer programs that are affordable and assist students to graduate with no or minimal debt.
- To deliver curriculum that is current, relevant, and prepares students for success in their chosen field.
- To ensure that every student progresses toward their educational goals in a supportive and positive environment.
- To provide quality instruction from practicing professionals, specializing in their respective area and sharing their expertise and experience ensuring that what students are learning is relevant and current in today’s world.
- To assist graduates in realizing their career goals upon completion of their program and throughout their careers by offering job-readiness training services.
- To provide students access to a community of partnerships within targeted industries and organizations.
- To ensure institutional stability by maintaining highly efficient processes, and high standards of student support
The mission and goals of Brighton College are accomplished by successfully achieving the following objectives:
- To provide a positive, supportive distance learning environment through excellent student services that leads to learning new skills and accomplishing educational goals
- To prepare competently skilled graduates for a position in their chosen field through a curriculum that incorporates practical application of the skills learned
- To deliver a curriculum that prepares students to successfully sit for a certification exam when appropriate to the program of study
- To continually review, update or add new curriculum in order to offer the most current information and meeting industry standards
- To assess its mission and achievement of institutional effectiveness through student academic progress, faculty effectiveness, student satisfaction, affordability and graduate outcomes
- To increase our strategic alliances with community outreach organizations, workforce and educational partners
Seven Fundamental Behaviors that Describe our Culture
- Be a problem solver. Solve a problem fill a need is how we should do business with customers and in assisting other team members.
- Be a fanatic about response time. People expect us to respond to their questions and concerns quickly and rapid response is one of the easiest and best ways to stand out.
- Set Clear Expectations. So there are no misunderstandings and clarify all the time.
- Welcome Innovation. Creativity in our products and offerings can be produced and packaged differently to meet customers needs.
- Be a great Listener. Understanding expectations and customer needs is the way we want to do business.
- Do your homework. Be prepared for customers, product ideas, referrals, team member support and the best way to show you’re serious.
- Leverage team members. To get things done, meet deadlines and fulfill customers needs.
Fundamental Behaviors that describe our Student Culture
- Desire to enhance employability skills:
- Change of career
- Advancement in current career
- Ability to manage time commitment
- Adhere to academic commitment of completing an average of 3 lessons each week
- Willingness to proactively communicate
- Take the initiative in openly asking for help from faculty, staff, and success coach
More Information About Brighton College
To find out more information about Brighton College and our distance education programs, click on the links below: