Why Choose Brighton College Business Institute?
Whether currently employed, looking for advancement in a current position, or seeking a new career path, the Business Institute will prepare students so goals are achieved. Also, this institute is ideal for leaders who want employees to further their education, increase their skill levels, and become more productive in the world of business.
Business Institute @ Brighton College Principles and Concepts Explored
The following are just a few of the concepts you will learn in the different Business Institute programs:
- Learn how to apply basic economic, finance, and accounting principles
- Recognize human resource management concepts and activities
- Define the various tasks and responsibilities of managers in organizations
- Identify the types of businesses and the laws and regulations on business
- Define and apply marketing and distribution principles used in business
- Identify and use the appropriate business technology
- Use popular bookkeeping software, spreadsheets, and databases
- Post financial transactions into the appropriate software
- Receive and record cash, checks, and vouchers
- Input debits and credits into the software, assigning each to the appropriate account
- Produce reports such as balance sheets, income statements, and totals by account
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports
- Reconcile and report any differences they find in the records
- Implement classroom methods to advance physical, intellectual, social and emotional development
- Implement elements that maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Apply techniques that establish positive and productive relationships with families
- Implement processes and procedures that promote a well-run program responsive to the needs of children and families
- Maintain principles of professionalism for a child development associate
- Prepare a plan to meet all requirements necessary to earn a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, and build your professional resource file.
For more information, call 1-800-354-1254 or request information.
Throughout the student life-cycle, students will be introduced to our Employability Resource Center which gives you access to Employability Resources. This center will prepare you with the skills needed to take your career to a new level.
Your Employability is our #1 goal!
In the Employability Resource Center, you will develop your professional cover letter, resume, and explore job search tools and tips to market yourself and have the career of your dreams!