The Advanced Security Practitioner Certificate is for the IT professional who is looking to gain special skills and credentials that will allow advancement into the world of Cyber Security. Advanced concepts and strategies are covered, which encompass the entire network and build on the concepts presented in our Cisco Program. Students who successfully complete this program and meet the objectives will have a solid foundation for work in a cyber-security or information assurance centered career.
This program is also ideal for those who have completed our CompTIA and Cisco Certificate programs.
Advanced Security Practitioner – Program Overview
Students who successfully complete this program will be able to:
- Distinguish which cryptographic tools and techniques are appropriate for a given situation
- Explain the security implications of enterprise storage
- Explain the importance of application security
- Analyze the security risk implications associated with business decisions
- Implement security and privacy policies and procedures based on organizational requirements
- Carry out relevant analysis for the purpose of securing the enterprise
- Explain advanced authentication tools, techniques, and concepts
- Adapt solutions to address emerging threats and security trends
- Use judgment to solve difficult problems that do not have a best solution
- Support legal compliance and advocacy by partnering with HR, legal, management, and other entities
What Courses will I take?
The following courses are included in the Advanced Security Practitioner Certificate program. You will progress through the program through a series of detailed and engaging video lessons and assessments through the OnlineExpert platform from LearnKey. This ASP Certificate program has a total of 13 credits.
|Course ID||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|ASP 100||CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Part I||6 Credits|
|ASP 200||CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Part II||7 Credits|
What career opportunities exist for someone with an Advanced Security Practitioner Certificate?
Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for information security analysts is expected to be very high. Cyberattacks have grown in frequency, and analysts will be needed to come up with innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or creating problems for computer networks.
You could find opportunities to utilize the Advanced Security Practitioner certificate in the following settings:
- Customer service
- Computer/software companies
The median annual wage for information security analysts was $90,120 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $51,280, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $143,770. **This information is based on obtaining a bachelor’s degree in an information security related field.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Information Security Analysts, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm (visited March 16, 2017).
Tuition & Fees
The total price for the Brighton College Cisco Certificate is $3,230.
|Total Sales Price||$3,230|
All academic and financial obligations to the school must be made prior to release of final transcripts and diploma.
- Full Payment Plan: Pay in full for a total program price of of $2,930. Save $300!
- Automatic Payment Plan:
- Choose this plan and you can graduate debt-free!
- $100 Enrollment Fee down payment
- 5 interest-free monthly payments of $522 and one final payment of $520
- For a total program price of $3,230. Payments will automatically be charged monthly to your credit card.
- Extended Payment Plan:
- Choose this plan to extend and lower your monthly payments!
- Pay a down payment of $359
- 7 interest-free monthly payments of $358.88 and a final payment of $358.84
- For a total program price of $3,230.
- Payments will automatically be charged monthly to your credit card.
The programs at Brighton College are approved for Veteran’s benefits. Brighton College also works with many employers’ Tuition Reimbursement programs as well as various Workforce Development and Vocational Rehabilitation programs. To find out if you qualify for these programs, call our office at 1.800.354.1254 for more information.
|Change of Program||$50|
|Returned Check / Declined Credit Card||$25|
Textbooks and Materials
All textbooks and learning materials are provided for students in the Advanced Security Practitioner program. Courses are taken one at a time, and textbooks and materials are delivered as new courses are released to the student.
Brighton College is dedicated to assisting you with your job search. Below are just a few ways we work to ensure that as a graduate, you are positioned to take the next step toward achieving your career goals.
Specialized Career Course
As a Brighton College graduate, you will have the option to take a course that focuses on career information and prepares you for your job search. Learn important skills such as networking, career management, and building interpersonal relationships.
One-On-One Cover Letter Assistance
You will learn how to build and design effective cover letters and follow-up letters. In addition, we will show specific examples.
You will learn interview techniques and tips on how to answer the most commonly asked questions.