The CISSP Certificate Program is designed for the IT / cyber-security professional who is looking to advance their career to the management level. This program encompasses a more broad range of responsibility, which not only includes digital protection but also physical security, personnel training, creation of policy, documentation, collection of evidence, etc.
This program prepares the student to work at the highest information assurance levels in the DoD and private hierarchy.
CISSP Program Overview
Students who successfully complete this program will be able to:
- Explain access control mechanisms and architecture that protect information systems assets
- Demonstrate proficiency in modern network architecture and design
- Demonstrate the cognitive ability to create a complete system of policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the life cycle and effectiveness of software security applications
- Compare and contrast the different cryptographic protocols and make recommendations for each application
- Demonstrate the ability to implement a network architecture that anticipates threats and best utilizes the resources at hand
- Assess current operations policy in regards to incident response and make recommendations improvements
- Explain the importance of a disaster recovery policy and demonstrate multiple effective strategies
- Demonstrate the ability to collect digital forensic evidence while maintaining its integrity
- Demonstrate knowledge of physical security systems and how they add to the overall security of the network.
What Courses will I take?
The following courses are included in the CISSP training program. You will progress through the program with a series of detailed and engaging video lessons and assessments powered by the OnlineExpert platform from LearnKey. This CISSP Certificate program has a total of 21 credits.
|Course ID||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|ISP 100||Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Part I||5 Credits|
|ISP 105||Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Part II||5 Credits|
|ISP 200||Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Part III||5 Credits|
|ISP 205||Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Part IV||6 Credits|
What career opportunities exist for someone trained in the CISSP program?
Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for information security analysts is expected to be very high. Cyberattacks have grown in frequency, and analysts will be needed to come up with innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or creating problems for computer networks.
You could find opportunities to utilize the Advanced Security Practitioner certificate in the following settings:
- Customer service
- Computer/software companies
The median annual wage for information security analysts was $90,120 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $51,280, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $143,770. **This information is based on obtaining a bachelor’s degree in an information security related field.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Information Security Analysts, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm (visited March 16, 2017).
Tuition & Fees
The total price for the Brighton College Cisco Certificate is $4,790.
|Total Sales Price||$4,790|
All academic and financial obligations to the school must be made prior to release of final transcripts and diploma.
- Full Payment Plan: Pay in full for a total program price of of $4,790.
- Automatic Payment Plan:
- Choose this plan and you can graduate debt-free
- $100 Enrollment Fee Down Payment
- 7 interest-free monthly payments of $587 and one final payment of $581
- For a total program price of $4,790. Payments will automatically be charged monthly to your credit card.
- Extended Payment Plan:
- Extend your payments further for a lower monthly payment!
- Pay a down payment of $400
- 10 interest-free monthly payments of $399.10 and a final payment of $399.
- For a total program price of $4,790.
- Payments will automatically be charged monthly to your credit card.
The programs at Brighton College are approved for Veteran’s benefits. Brighton College also works with many employers’ Tuition Reimbursement programs as well as various Workforce Development and Vocational Rehabilitation programs. To find out if you qualify for these programs, call our office at 1.800.354.1254 for more information.
|Change of Program||$50|
|Returned Check / Declined Credit Card||$25|
Textbooks and Materials
All textbooks and learning materials are provided to students for the CISSP program. Courses are taken one at a time, and textbooks and materials are delivered as new courses are released to the student.
Brighton College is dedicated to assist you with your job search. Below are just a few ways we work to ensure that as a graduate, you are positioned to take the next step toward achieving your career goals.
Specialized Career Course
As a Brighton College graduate, you will have the option to take a course that focuses on career information and prepares you for your job search. Learn important skills such as networking, career management, and building interpersonal relationships.
One-On-One Cover Letter Assistance
You will learn how to build and design effective cover letters and follow-up letters. In addition, we will show specific examples.
You will learn interview techniques and tips on how to answer the most commonly asked questions.